Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Oh the weather!!!

I live in Central New York.  Not too far from Lake Ontario.  Normally for June we get a couple of inches of rain.  This year we got almost 10 inches.  It has rained almost everyday.  This weather has made it difficult to do any outside research at the local cemeteries.  And this is really the only time of year I get to do it.  Otherwise we are buried under 6 feet of snow.  The crazy weather. 

Just means I have to stick to doing research on the inside.  I am very excited that I should be getting my own vehicle soon.  Which means more exploring and researching.  That is very exciting to me.  Having one family car is very tough on a genealogist. 

How is your summer going?  Have you done any research yet??  What have you discovered? 

I am excitedly currently working on 2 Genealogy Binder Projects.  One binder I am in the 6th generation.  Almost all of the generations have been in Utah.  We are finally starting to spread out.  I was very fascinated when one of their relatives was born and raised in the same area of New York that I am my family are from.  It makes it feel like a small world!!

Have you found any living relatives recently??  Will you meet with them??

No comments:

Post a Comment