Thursday, August 25, 2011

Visiting my dad

Once a year I TRY to take my kids down to visit my dad, and the rest of my family.  They live about 5 hours from us.  Which isn't far, but we don't have a lot of money coming in and so it isn't the easiest trip in the world.  But I got to go down this past week.  My kids and I went camping, visited family and as always visited the cemeteries.  I always visit my grand parents and great grand parents when I am down.  There are 3 cemeteries that I usually go to.  This year I made it to 2.  My paternal grand parents Charles William Thomas and Ruth Ester Calovi.  Along with Ruth's parents Ettore Calovi & Violetta "Cash" Calovi are buried in the Amenia Union Cemetery on Leedsville Rd in Amenia, NY/Sharon, CT.  I visited them, brought them some flowers.  We found an injured butterfly in the parking lot of the store where we got the flowers, we left it at the cemetery as well. 


 

The next time I go back I would like to try and clean the stones a little.  They are getting hard to read with the moss growing on them.  Notice my family did not know the proper spelling of Calovi.  Sometimes that happens.

I did not make it to see my paternal great grand parents this time.  They are buried in Kent Congressional Cemetery

No comments:

Post a Comment