Friday, December 28, 2012

Find A Grave Website

I recently became a member of Findagrave.com.  Some of it was because I had pictures of my family families headstones and wanted to share.  I know how difficult it is for us when we are not near ancestors burial grounds.  Sometimes we would like to see where they are buried.  I signed up to take photos at my local cemeteries.  The requests have been pouring in.  The only problem is I signed up at the wrong time.  I live in Central New York and we get several FEET of snow every winter.  We have our first storm come through yesterday and received almost 2 feet.  Many of the cemeteries do not plow or make path ways through the snow for people to visit.  Also if they have a small ground stone or just a little thing it is more than likely buried.  I feel bad as many of these requests will have to wait until the snow melts. 



And this is why we have long metal flags on our fire hydrants.  LOL  I am nice enough to dig the one in my yard out so that it is accessible in case of an emergency.  Not everyone is so nice.  Oh well. 

As much as I appreciate the while Christmas I am always thankful when the it melts and spring arrives.  My children seem to love the snow more though.  Probably because its cold, there are no bugs and you can do more with snow. 

The new year is almost here.  I hope everyone had a great 2012 and will have an even better 2013. 

No comments:

Post a Comment